Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.

"The path of least resistance leads to crooked rivers and crooked men." - Henry David Thoreau


Sometimes... I'd just like to give up. 
Sometimes I look at the things I work toward and wonder why I bother trying if it's never going to get any easier. 
Why do I strive for integrity, morality, knowledge, talent and spirituality when I know I can never achieve perfection in any one of them?


Giving into my human nature would be so.much.easier. Letting what's been innately programmed into my being take over sounds so... freeing. For some reason that I've yet to understand, I was created to deny myself, and as everyone knows: that's not easy. I want ease. I want to go with the flow, for once. 


But that's weakness at it's finest. Giving up on what I know is right and worthwhile because I'm too tired and fed up to carry on is cheating myself of the rewards waiting at the end of the race. 


I don't think I could ever let myself give in. As tempting as a nice relaxing float down the stream of conformity sounds, fortunately, I've floated enough to know it's never worth it in the end. And before you know it you're much farther down the stream from the ultimate goal than you ever thought you'd be.





1 comment:

  1. Keep choosing to paddle, Sweet Thing! Floating is just not all it's depicted to be in the movies. Just remember, to float down that river will end eventually in the ocean where the sharks are hungry! Upstream though will lead you to Source of the River where you can look into the crystal clear pure spring water and see your healthy, glistening and beautiful smile of satisfaction. Hey, I love you!

    ReplyDelete