Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Art of Moving On


It looked like a blank canvas, the journey that lay dauntingly before me.
With mistakes to make, smudges to cover, and masterpieces to create,
the first stain is the toughest.
The courage to gamble the shades and dirty this canvas is there waiting in the life-altering brush.
Pick it up. Accept it.
And though my comfort resides miles away,
I will put on my smock, color my brush with the pigment of change, and follow wherever each stroke leads me.
Every intoxicating fume is a valuable lesson.
Every vibrant hue is a timeless memory.
The beauty is in the mystery.
The art is in the voyage.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE THIS! I don't mean to smile as I watch you struggle with the brush, but, somehow I know and can see the masterpiece in you already. The Master Creator is there beside you, you know, guiding each fluid stroke. How can anything less than a masterpiece come of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this metaphor. I love you, too. Such amazing words and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete