Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Glass houses

Hypocrite
1
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings



Hypocrite? Or just emotional?

Both.




I journal in my weakest moments. I blog in my strongest.


I have no problem with living in a glass house, but like anyone else, I'd rather have walls. 
I'd rather people see the strong part of me than the twisted and confused part. I'd rather inspire with my strength than be pitied for my weakness. Call it hypocritical, or call it human. 


I believe in what I write. But I'm weak, and most of the time I can't live up to it. I'm also emotionally driven, which makes it hard to apply everything I believe to what I do. 


I've built my house. Knock on my door to come inside, or throw stones to break the glass. Either way, come on in, see the real me. See that I'm not perfect, and I'm not trying to make anyone think I am. You're not fooled anyway. 


I am weak, sometimes strong. I'm emotional, sometimes a hypocrite. 


I am what I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment