Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I give up.

In the words of my dear friend Ingrid,
I am giving up on half empty glasses and I am giving up on greener grasses.

I'm giving up on moping.
I'm giving up on pessimism.
I'm giving up on fear.
I'm giving up on worry.
I'm giving up on control.
I'm giving up on selfishness.
I'm giving up on doubt in myself.
I'm giving up on dependency. 
I'm giving up on insecurity.
I'm giving up on needing a boy.
I'm giving up on changing things I can't change.
I'm giving up on getting hurt.
I'm giving up on being defined by someone else.
I'm giving up on following.
I'm giving up on comfort.
I'm giving up on dissatisfaction. 
I'm giving up on infatuation.
I'm giving up on promises. 
I'm giving up on jealousy.
I'm giving up on mood swings.

It's a long list and a long shot, but I'm sick of holding onto these things that ultimately hurt me. I'm sick of hurting and I'm only hurting myself. Even if something is hurting me that's out of my control, I'm hurting myself more by trying to control it. 

Like everyone, I just want to be happy. Happiness is being content. I have to learn to be content with every situation that comes my way. I have to learn to thank God for everything, even the plank in my eye and the gum on my shoe. 

It's not going to happen over night. Life is a process, learning is a process. 

I'm reinventing myself, from the inside out. I am who I am, and I will be who I am, after I figure out who that is. 

Pretty much sums it up.


New outlook. New direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment