Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wanderer


Ignore the stupid words at the beginning. This was the only way to get the audio to work.



The pages turn at the pace they choose
my feet carry these worn out shoes
With laces untied, I can't get them off
They walk without me knowing till I'm completely lost
I walk backwards turning my head left and right
Instead of focusing forward toward the light
I scream for time to stop dead in its tracks
Oh, please, wandering heart, don't look back.

Suns rise and suns set and
I don't want to walk not just yet
If change is the only constant I know,
why won't my hear let go?
Oh please, wandering heart, just let go.

My feet start running and my head starts spinning
My heart is sore and the vertigo is winning
I've forgotten the tears, and the knives, and the black
Oh, please, wandering heart, don't look back

What lies ahead is better than
what lies behind in the lion's den
Life moves on whether I do or not.
Oh please, wandering heart, don't look back. 

1 comment: