Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Indecisive.

Life is full of choices. Every moment we make a choice. A choice to take that next breath, to say what's on our mind, to step out of our comfort zone and discover new things about ourselves. Yes, life is full of choices. I'm an indecisive person, but I'm trying to change. So my first step toward being decisive is making the decision to be. I've made the decision to make choices. These are the choices I've made so far:

Choice #1
I will not let other people affect my decisions. I will not let other people's decisions and/or mistakes affect my decisions.
  • Being angry is a decision.
  • Feeling guilty is a decision.
  • Being hurt is a decision.
  • Wallowing in self-pity is a decision.
Choice #2
I will focus on myself and how God is working in me. I will let God take control, and take my need for control from me.

Choice #3
I will not waste time, effort, and emotion trying to change things that are out of my control.

Choice #4
I will not waste time, effort, and emotion focusing on/longing for the past nor will I waste time, effort, and emotion on worrying about the future. I will focus on one day at a time and how I can make the choices to best learn and grow from each passing moment.


So, there it is... We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing more satisfying than sitting at the Master's feet to learn from Him.
    My heart is filled with joy to see you at His feet!

    ReplyDelete