Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Inspiration.

I've been lacking inspiration for quite a while now, until I made the decision to get out of St.George and visit my family in Price, as a nice distraction. Sure enough, inspiration was hiding here in the relaxation and peace of Grama's house. 

Along with finding inspiration, I've been on a roll of learning lately with my recent heart ache and the realization that I'm nothing but a selfish person. This vulnerable and empty state I'm in has led to a lot of self-discovery and a lot of being filled with the things I should have been filled with long ago. 


Letting Go
I've been stuck in this rut of selfishness,
my need to control is nothing less
than a lack of trust that you are who you say you are.
I'm left empty, lost, and searching for more,
craving the comfort I knew before,
but my path is already laid,
with the beauty of your grace
You know I'm weak and you provide the strength
I need.

Take all my thoughts,
take my dreams,
take everything now, Jesus.
Take my desires,
my whole heart,
catch my tears in your hands.
Take my concerns,
take my plans
and make them yours.

The hardest part is letting go 
of all the things I've always known
to be mine to hold for all my life to come.
Lord, you've opened my eyes to your majestic love,
and all I am is not enough
but the price is already paid,
with the beauty of your grace
my heart will sing how great
you are.

 give up, I let go, I surrender
Take all that I am and do whatever
you've planned... because
I know you won't forsake your promise
that I am wrapped in your unfailing love.
I am wrapped in your unfailing love.



2 comments:

  1. Morgan!
    Please make this into a song. The best songs come from the most vulnerable states.

    You amaze me.

    p.s. You're not "nothing but a selfish person." You are much more than that and your beauty and passion is so evident. Sometimes we're only overcome by the evil.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lists.proverbs31.org/p_v.php?mi=842&b=0&nl=2&ei=c2FuZHl3aXNlY3VwQHlhaG9vLmNvbQ%3D%3D&eid=MjgxMzM=

    Check this very insightful message out. It is very relevant, very encouraging, and beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete