Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lady in waiting.

Isaiah 40: 28-31

Do you not know? 

   Have you not heard? 

The LORD is the everlasting God, 
   the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary, 
   and his understanding no one can fathom. 

He gives strength to the weary 

   and increases the power of the weak. 
Even youths grow tired and weary, 

   and young men stumble and fall; 

but those who hope in the LORD 
   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint.







I'm waiting. For a lot of things, really. A lot of things that are out of my control. 
I'm waiting. For a door, maybe. So I can know where to go from here. 
I'm waiting. For a million answers. Answers that are probably better off unknown.
I'm waiting. For chances. Chances to live and breathe out of my comfort zone.
I'm waiting. To become my own person. So I can have the things my heart longs for.
I'm waiting. For the will of God. For the divine will that's much wiser than my own. 
I'm waiting. For a sign, or an arrow. So I don't have to make these decisions alone. 
I'm waiting. To be done waiting. So that I can know. So that I can breathe. So that I can see the finish line, the bigger picture, and the purpose for my waiting. 



I'm a lady in waiting, a damsel in distress. Waiting... and waiting, for her savior to sweep her off her feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment