Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bad posture

I have really bad posture.


I slouch. And I lose my balance a lot. 


Every once in a while I'll remember to fix it. I pull my shoulders back, elongate my spine, and put my head on straight. Then, when it starts to hurt, or I get too lazy, or I just forget, I go right back to slouching. 


In the literal sense, that's completely true. It's also true for me in the spiritual sense:


I slouch and lose my balance. Every once in a while I'll realize and try to fix myself, then, because of laziness, discomfort, or forgetfulness, I go right back to walking around like a monkey.. 


My heart slouches. I don't like making it uncomfortable because that hurts.  
Psalm 97:11 
 Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.


My feet lose their balance. Because my heart slouches, I lose my way and trip. 
1 Corinthians 15:58 
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


If having good posture were my first priority, I wouldn't forget. Eventually, it would stop being uncomfortable and laziness would become unacceptable.  






I want an upright heart and firm unmoving feet. 


Psalm 37:23-24

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.

      He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
      for the Lord holds them by the hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment