Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nothing's ever as it seems.

The sooner I realize that, the happier I will be. I can stop expecting things to be the way I see and feel them to be and expect to be constantly surprised. 

There's always an ulterior motive, or a hidden emotion, or a silver lining. And that's always how it's always going to be. The universe and all it's laws don't change. God and His promises don't change. People and their human nature don't change. 


It's me that's got to change. It's my surrounding that have got to change. It's me that's got to adapt to my surroundings and learn how to function and flourish in them.

There are so many things I've yet to realize about myself and about this world I live in. I've got to open my eyes because nothing is what I think it is. Nothing is going to change or adapt to me...it's going to change no matter what, and I'm the one that has to adapt.

And change is good. Change makes me learn. It's the one thing in life that I can count on not changing, besides God, of course.



Accept it. Learn from it. And let the change, change you in all the ways it needs to. 

Because change is inevitable. And nothing is ever as it seems. 

1 comment:

  1. I was going to comment but I changed my mind. (hahaha) Maybe I'm one more thing that will never change? I will always think I am funny, I will always rechange my mind and will always comment! Enough of that.
    If it wasn't for change, life would be soooo blan. Comfortable, but really, probably pretty unadventurous don't you think?
    I long for things to be the way they were sometimes, but I know that the Lord has a reason for the changes that have taken place lately. My challenge, my adventure, my quest is to find the treasure He has for me. I must get past 'myself' to begin...

    ReplyDelete