Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.

The heart is such a strange organ. 
It beats. It feels. It attaches. It breaks. It heals. It gives life. 
It's so valuable, and we flaunt it with our chest wide open for the world to see. Hearts change. Hearts harden. Hearts are meant to be guarded, they weren't made to be broken. 


I think there comes a time in everyone's life when you decide to stop letting people hurt you. You decide that you don't deserve to be lied to, manipulated, used, and betrayed. You realize that sometimes you have the right to be selfish in relationships.
And you realize that love shouldn't hurt. 


People come and go. People leave marks on your heart, and sometimes just take the whole thing right out of you. People influence people. People hurt people. 


The heart can be a very dangerous weapon, or it can be the most effective tool.  


Our hearts were made to love... if only we knew how. 

1 comment:

  1. Morgan,
    I know I don't post on your blog very often, but know that I read it. And I think all of your thoughts are so terribly deep and profound. Thank you for allowing me this glimpse into the inner workings of Morgan :) This is my little shout-out to you, just letting you know that I think you're an amazing human being. You're beautiful (inside and out!), talented, and really really sweet. I hope you have a great day :)
    oxox-Nat

    ReplyDelete